Where is my bus?
As a waiting passenger, this is your most important question. In partnership with TransLoc, the VTA has an application to provide the answer in real time. There are three ways to access live information of your VTA bus location:
- Personal computer online or mobile browser
- You will see a map of Martha’s Vineyard with a list of routes to the left. The route list shows all routes currently running or have an imminent trip departure.
- Each route can be viewed individually by clicking “none” at the top and then selecting each route. One or more routes may be viewed this way. Click “all” to see all routes again.
- Click on any of the moving icons to get additional bus information, including the bus number, route number, route name and direction of travel.
- The zoom tool in the lower right corner of the screen allows you to zoom into a desired area on the map. This can also be done with a mouse scroll wheel. To pan around the map, simply click and hold as you move around the map.
- At closer zoom, VTA bus stops become visible as colored solid circles. Click on each stop to learn the stop name, texting code, route and bus arrival prediction. This info will appear in a small box above the stop symbol.
- For Androids and iPhones, go the Play Store / App Store / iTunes and search for TransLoc. Download the FREE TransLoc Rider app and install.
- Once the application is launched, you will be prompted to select a transit agency. TransLoc is used in many places, including Nantucket. The VTA is listed in the alphabetical list as “Martha’s Vineyard”.
- A map of the Island with the VTA routes will be shown. If you are already at the stop where you will catch the bus and location services are enabled on your device, you can use the target button to zoom in your location.
- Clicking on the bus icons and bus stop symbols will give more transit-related information.
- Text ‘vtamv [bus stop number]’ to 41141. For example, for the MVRHS Bench Stop, text vtamv 280. A text response will return the time of the next one or two bus arrivals for that location.