We currently have positions open for entry level and experienced medium/heavy duty mechanics.
- A problem solver that likes fixing things?
- Knowledgeable of how machinery, hydraulic & electrical systems work?
- Able to troubleshoot and follow diagnostic tree?
- Detail oriented and possess manual dexterity?
- An independent worker and able to take direction?
- Interested in learning about emerging technologies?
Then this might be the job for you! The Martha’s Vineyard Transit Authority (VTA) is transitioning our bus fleet to electric and we need help. Much of the work is on medium/heavy duty diesel vehicles, so experience is preferred but we are open to training the right person. Class B Commercial Driver’s License is a required for the job, but if you don’t have one you must be able to obtain it with onsite paid training. Benefit package includes health, paid holidays, vacations and much more! Primarily indoor work environment, job growth potential with competitive pay that will increase with experience. Applicant should possess a high school diploma or equivalent. Download application below or pickup at the VTA, 11 A Street, Edgartown, MA 02539. Completed application can be sent to email@example.com or dropped off at above address. Call 508-693-9440 x125 with questions. Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug & alcohol testing required.
DIESEL TECHNICIAN Application.pdf