Transit Connection Inc. (TCI) hires, trains, and schedules all vehicle operators, dispatchers, and vehicle fueler/washers for the Martha’s Vineyard Transit Authority (VTA) which serves the residents and visitors to our island. We pride ourselves in safely and efficiently providing more than 1,300,000 trips during 2016 which enable our customers to get to and from work and play each year on fourteen routes which connect all 6 Island towns. Our associates serve as ambassadors to our beautiful community and are the heart and soul of the Vineyard.
- Our recruiting process is on-going. We accept applications until all positions are filled.
- Housing - shared apartment-style housing available for $130-$150 per week (includes utilities and wi-fi)
- Starting Pay - CDL Licensed at $17.00/hour
- No CDL (training provided) at $16.00/hour
- Bonus - Up to $1.00/hour based on working through agreed-upon last day and overall performance.
- Days off to explore and enjoy the cultural diversity of Martha's Vineyard and nearby Cape Cod, Nantucket, Boston, and Providence, RI.
Applications are available at the VTA Operations and Maintenance Center, 11 A Street, Business Park, Edgartown or you can download the application below.
Contact TCI Human Resources at:
All positions are subject to Pre-employment Controlled Substance Testing, Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) Check, Background check, and successful DOT Physical, as required by law.
Federal regulations require that all first time applicants for a CDL must provide proof of US Citizenship OR proof of Lawful Permanent Residency within the United States.
Getting Here and Getting Around:
Ferry Services - http://mvol.com/ferries - Ferry terminal in Woods Hole, MA can be reached via several bus services departing from both Boston, MA, Providence, RI, and New York City, NY.
Once on-island, getting around is very easy.
- Buses - Martha's Vineyard Transit Authority (that's us) operates seven days a week, 363 days a year. During the summer buses run from 5:00am to 3:00am daily.
- Bicycling - There are 44 miles of bike paths on-island. Our facility is just off the bike path adjacent to the airport in the center of the Island and is easily accesible from the other towns.
- Car - While having a car on the Island would be most convenient, many seasonal associates just don't find it neccesary. Parking can be very challenging!
In Your Free Time:
Transit Connection Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military eligibility or veteran status. See below for the full policy statement.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement.pdf