VTA buses are equipped with external bike racks that can accommodate 2 or 3 bicycles at a time.
Please note the following:
- Spaces on bike racks are on a first come, first serve basis.
- Bike owners must load and unload their own bikes.
- Some bicycles will not fit on the bike rack and cannot be transported (i.e. carts, tandems, some small kids bikes, etc.)
- Bicycles are not allowed inside any bus.
- Bicycles can be loaded and unloaded only where the bus can pull off the road. Please do not flag a bus in an area it can't pull over if you want to load a bike.
- Please remember to take your bike with you after you disembark the bus and return the rack to the upright position.
If you will not be riding your bike while traveling around West Tisbury, Aquinnah, Menemsha, & Chilmark, please consider locking it up before boarding the bus. We are often at capacity and unable to accommodate all bicycles leaving from these more rural parts of the Island in the afternoon and it is a long ride back!